What is CULINARY ARTS ?
Culinary arts means to learn or prepare food. In this course, students learn how to prepare and present the existing meal in an effective and attractive manner. It is an ideal choice for the students who want to make a career in the field of cooking, hotel management, hospitality, and chef related job profile. This course teaches operational, technical & managerial skill which help the students in the culinary sectors of the hospitality industry. There is also a free city where you can study free.
Students can pursue this course at the undergraduate (UG) as well as the postgraduate (PG) level. Culinary Arts courses offered at the UG level are mostly of three years duration. Popular UG level courses are Culinary Specialisation, BVoc in Bakery and Cookery, BA in Culinary Arts, Bachelor of Catering Technology and Culinary Arts, BVoc in Culinary Operations, BSc in Culinary Science, BHM with Culinary Arts, BA in International Culinary Arts, etc.
Some key skills that students should possess when they consider pursuing this course are listed below:
|Attention to detail||Creativity|
|Cooking Skills||Knowledge of food ingredients|
|Culinary expertise||Good decision – making skills|
|Ability to adjust in any situation||Outgoing personality|
|Good listener||Customer-oriented approach|
|Pleasant personality||Polite demeanor|
|Confidence||Willingness to work long and odd hours|
Course for Culinary Arts
- BA in Culinary Arts
- BHM Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Catering Technology and Culinary Arts
- BVoc in Culinary Operation
- BSc in Culinary Science
- BA in International Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Food and Beverages Services
- Craftsmanship Courses in Cooking
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in Food Production
- Certificate in Bakery and Confectionery
Are you Eligible or Not?
- Students who want to pursue this course at the UG level if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board with the minimum passing marks.
- For the PG Course, you need to be Graduates first.
How many years?
Associate’s degree programs take two years to complete. In a four-year bachelor’s program, students get advanced knowledge through specialized courses such as food and beverage management and hospitality service management.
Pros and Cons of Culinary Arts
As we all know every course has some good or bad things. We have face seen many pros/ advantages and cons/ disadvantages in every field of courses.
Let’s Discuss the Pros for this course
1. Express Creativity: In this course, you have to show your creativity. The chef has the freedom to discover or experiment with the dishes.
2. Lucrative pay packages: A good hotel or a restaurant pays well to their chef. By being good at their work, enables the chef to earn a handsome package and many other benefits.
3. Become Famous: If you are good at your creativity and in your profession then you will get famous as well as getting a high salary.
4. Numerous job opportunities: If you are a good cook and have innovative skills to present the food then you will get numerous job opportunities. This is one of the most demanding courses.
Let’s discuss the Cons for this course
1. Long and unpredictable working hours: Normally the working hours are between 9-5 but in the case of Chef there is no fixed timing.
2. Low pay in many cases: Somehow it is also possible that you got the degree from the highly reputed college and they assure the job opportunity also but in this course, the job totally depends on your skills, innovation and your interest also.
3. Physically and Mentally demanding job: As we all know the chef jobs is not an easy job. Being a chef involves standing for a long hour that requires physical strength and of course, the long working hour is affected on your mind. So, you face both physical and mental pressures.
Still, have some doubts? Go to our contact page and fill our form. We will contact you soon.
Follow us on Instagram also.